Monday, February 10, 2014
Beauty World (8 Feb)
I have had many performing experiences, but those are more or less limited to band performances on stage, or ensemble performances with a small audience. Never have I expected to be part of a live band for a 2.5hr musical, playing music to nearly a thousand people.
This is so challenging - there are so many solos throughout, and the notes are so high (many top Ds and a top E). And the brass section and I are so heavily mic-ed up any mistakes will be perfectly audible. Mr Lun's mouthpiece was a savior - without his Bobby Shue, I would not be able to play those high notes so well. There were a few misses (mostly over-pitching) but I'm super happy with my playing on that day.
The musician team was so perfect on the performance day. (There's definitely some room for improvement. But it only shows that we are human, and that itself is "perfect" in its own way). Now that I remember how we started of fumbling all over the place, I realised how much we have improved. And all the angst and whines do not matter anymore.
Of course, this show will not be successful without the efforts of the cast, the props team, the lights and sounds people, and chorus). Everybody was so amazing, and played their part to the fullest. This is the type of show I have always admired, and I am glad to be part of this collaborative success.
Now that this project is over, I can't wait for what's lying ahead :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment