Next time I go Trondheim Spektrum, I'll make sure that I bring my camera along.
My second exam was actually a poster presentation for Energy from Wind and Tidal Systems. It was a really fun module as we got to design our own wind turbine, assembled from a blade and a generator. We brought it to a wind tunnel for testing, and our group's turbine had the best performance among all the others. And we got a free NTNU mug and a multi-purpose scarf. For the The poster presentation was more than just a presentation. There were groups who brought huge ass TV screens to show videos, and also some who displayed their blade on lamp stands etc. And most interestingly, everyone brewed coffee and baked cookies/cakes, some of which are inspired by wind turbine design. So you get gingerbread wind mills/ wind turbines, turbine-shaped cakes, etc. The mood was just wonderful. We also brought a tablecloth, had candles, etc. As our blade was so smooth and so well designed and well polished, the prof wanted to keep it! It will be in a hall of fame somewhere. Here's our wonderful team:
I'm the shortest among them all. And apparently, I could very well use a hair cut.
Our multi-national team :)
I have another exam tomorrow. So not looking forward to it, as it is a module which I found it hardest to understand (Process Modelling).
After tomorrow, I will have exams for Petroleum Engineering, where 100% of the grade depends on the exam, as well as for Process Control, which I hope I can do well.
I have a little more than a week left in Trondheim, and when the time comes, I will probably miss this place so much!
7 dec: 3am stroll in the snow
7 dec: long exposure near a small gathering area, after the snow has cleared
8 dec: snow just started falling (after sunset)






No comments:
Post a Comment