Yesterday while on the bus to BTP, I met a guy at the Singapore customs. "Excuse me", said he, and pointing to a Singapore map in a small book, he asked whether he was waiting in the correct bus lane to go to Queen street. "Yes, correct, you take this bus all the way, and you will be at Queen street."
"Are you Japanese?" I asked, as I noticed that his book has some Japanese on it. The book is what I will call a map-book. It is roughly A5 size, easy to fit in any bag, and on its pages are rectangle cut outs of maps, something like what my dad uses to find his way around Singapore, a primitive, hard-copy GPS (my dad's map-book is way larger in size though)
"Yea, yea, I'm Japanese" he said, and in a rather broken English, told me that he's here in Singapore to tour, and he'll be in Singapore for two days. Then he'll go to Malaysia, and visit the Penang island.
"You have to go to the beaches!" I said, knowing islands sure have beaches, but partly because I can't remember what other tourist attractions does PP have xD
And he went on to tell me that he'll be touring South-east Asia for one whole month. And that's not all. After South-east Asia, he will tour Europe for another month. Alone. Orz. And he's just 22 years old.
He's so young, and he's doing exactly what I want to do: travel. Which made me think, I'm still young too, and I still have a lot of time left. My dream of going overseas may not be realised so soon, but it is certainly not dashed. I can, and I will tour the world another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment