From today onwards, I will start to type formal languages in my blog. No more casual tones... or mebbe there may be! XD
For months, we have been mugging (or rather) for the sake of our one-week exams. Countless time has been spent (for mugging and slacking), brain juice has been squeezed, hundreds of sheets of foolscap papers have been used, files have been paistakingly kept tidy (during the day before the exams), revision files of microsft words have been created in the computer... And after the exams, there seemed to be nothing to do except eat, sleep, game... and NYAA!
I have not been blogging for the past few weeks because of exams. Not because exams used up my time, but I just can't think of anything to blog except to describe how is the situation of mugging like at that moment.
Now, I will describe the situation of exams...
We started off with HC paper 2 (compre). Mdm Chiu has told us to start doing 阅读与理解 2 because it hold 50 marks and it's better to focus on it first. She said that the seniors have been not able to finish the paper in time... But not for me. I finished it 15 minutes before the time ends! (although I am not the fastest to finish it) The 片断缩写 was super easy. I spent ~5 minutes to do it slowly. On the overall, the paper was not that hard, and I have confident that I would not score badly.
Next is the History paper. I spent painful weeks of mugging for this subject. But the paper, which is set by Paul Ho, has easy essays. The source-based questions are quite OK, but not that easy and MCQ took me just 2-3 minutes. Days of mugging for Rise and Fall of Imperial Japan was wasted as ONLY 1 question was set for the paper! I guess that was because Paul Ho only taught us 5 MINUTES in Term 4... lolz... (*oops there i go again)
Next morning, we had English paper 1. For the essay, I wrote: "Imagine you are a fly at the school canteen. Describe..." Well, I started of with "Bzzzt. I am a fly. I have..." Nice isn't it? quite straightforward. The formal writing was a witness account whereby we were supposed to see a boy behaving suspiciously near the computer terminal at the consortium room. We need to write an account to the head of consortium. The paper was just so-so, but I think that I have wrote a little out of point when I am a fly...
The next paper was Literature. I think that I quite screwed it up. The Section A was about Lord of the Flies. I did the source-based question, about the conflict between Jck and Ralph. OK but I think I put in too much narrative. Uphill was quite hard. I can't think of how can I get high marks for that... boohoo... Emily of Emerald Hill was an easy one. But I can't remember the question now... Maybe I may get B3 for Lit... ouch!
Wednesday was quite slack because I AM EXEMPTED FOR MATHS! (...chuan...) Played a little games and started mugging Geog. Heard from them that it was damn hard. Even they doubt shi-jie can do it in time nad accuracy.
Thursday was kicked off by HC paper 1 in the morning. 我选了第二题的应用文题目。那是个私函,有求我们反映给卫生署署长自己组屋区的骨痛热症情况。大致上还可以,不会太难。作文方面,我的15分钟花在写第5题, 45分钟花在写第3题。因为报章报道缴尽了脑汁还不知怎样写,就干脆写记叙文。继续稳是叙述一次紧急演些,并写下感想,所以还蛮容易的。
Next is the Geog exam. It doesn't quite depend on the knowledge you learnt from the textbooks. It tests your application of different theories, knowledge of the things you must learn. But it wasn't that bad either. THe questions were quite easy. I wrote 11 pages. "Say wow. WOW! hahaha" a quote from our class and the invigilator. She was late but very effective. All papers were arranged neatly in alternate stacks. So we just need to take a small stack consisting of the question booklet and 6 foolscaps. Interesting.
Next day, everyone was planning to go gaming after the paper: Eng paper 2 compre. The summary was quite difficult. more than 20 minutes were spent on editing. The results weren't satisfactory as I think that I wrote more than 160 words... T_T The other sections were quite hard as well.
When most Singaporeans were going back home, we went to LT2 for the MSP papers. The Paper 1 was as anticipated, with "Temasya Sukan" and "Perayaan". I wrote Tahun Baru Cina for the "perayaan". The 2nd paper was also easy. Tan Hui San said that we cannot possibly finish the paper early as it has banyak soalans. But the last half hour was spent slacking... Should go off earlier.
Well, that's all I have to say (or type about exams).
A blogging revolution has been sparked off in our class. Shi-jie just started a blog, Han Loong just started a blog, Zi Qian also started one, same with Eng Keat. Should I tell them that I also have one? Probably Yes.
Oh, Shi-jie has created 2B wallpapers with colour themes and a photo Mr Phan shoot with our class (because we were the best class that he had taught and he liked us). Too bad we didn't shoot one with Claire Wood. Or there may be another version of wallpapers.
I have just updated the "ME's blogging friends" list. A few of them are amatuer bloggers.
Signing off now. Cheers
No comments:
Post a Comment